CBD has emerged as one of the most impressive and versatile medicines in recent years. It can treat almost everything, ranging from mental health problems to internal digestive issues to topical problems on the skin.
Recent research has revealed that you can even use CBD oil for hair loss. Cosmetic companies and natural health companies are beginning to produce creams, lotions and sprays for hair loss that are made with CBD. In this article, we’re going to explain how to use CBD oil for hair loss so you can enjoy these impressive benefits.
What’s CBD All About?
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is a compound that’s extracted from the hemp plant. In recent years, it has taken the medical and therapeutic world by storm. It can treat a huge number of ailments, and has been reliably tested and proven to assist with the following:
- Chronic and acute pain
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Chronic nausea
These are just a few of the things that CBD is known to help. Writing an entire list would take up much of this article (plus we already created a comprehensive benefits list), and what we’re really here to talk about is how useful CBD can be for helping to manage hair loss.
It’s important to note that CBD is not considered harmful when used in any way. It can be ingested, inhaled, and used topically, even at high doses, without causing any damage to the body. Since it is not psychoactive, it is not considered addictive.
The side effects of too much CBD generally just include a feeling of deep relaxation and possibly falling asleep. However, if you’re using CBD topically on your skin, chances are this won’t happen to you.
CBD Oil for Hair Loss – Is It a Good Option That Actually Works?
You might be wondering how CBD oil could possibly be good for helping to treat hair loss. One easy answer comes from the nutritional makeup of the oil. There are a number of nutrients that are taken from the hemp or cannabis plant that also make it into the end product of CBD oil.
- Vitamin E, one of the most powerful antioxidant nutrients that commonly included in skin care and hair loss products. Vitamin E is important for nourishing the scalp and the hair, which can encourage hair to grow.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. Not only is CBD oil itself rich in omega-3s and omega-6 fatty acids, but the carrier oils that CBD is packaged with are often high in omega-3s themselves. One of the most common oils that is used to carry CBD is coconut oil, which is great for the hair and skin on its own.
These two nutrients work together to help enhance the health of the scalp and the tissue that it’s made of. The stronger and healthier the tissue in your scalp is, the quicker your hair follicles can expand and produce hair. This means that it’ll help prevent you from losing hair as quickly.
How to Use CBD Oil for Hair Loss
There are a number of different ways that you can use CBD to help you enhance the health of your hair.
You could, of course, just buy a vial of CBD oil and apply it to your scalp. You would want to dilute it first in a carrier oil, but even then, this would be quite expensive. Small vials of CBD oil often cost more than $50, so using a single one of these to improve the health of your hair would get quite expensive.
Fortunately, there are a huge number of CBD hair products already available. Here are a couple examples of popular ones:
- Malin + Goetz Hair Pomade. This is an affordable product that will only run you $24. It can be rubbed right into the scalp so you can expand your follicles and improve the health of your hair.
- CBD For Life Shampoo. This is another affordable product that will run you just over $20. This shampoo contains CBD so you can just wash your hair with it and reap the benefits of the medicine while you let the shampoo soak into your scalp.
- SheaMoisture Mongongo Moisture-Seal Finishing Elixir. At $13 for 4 ounces, this is a great product to rub into your scalp. The CBD comes from hemp seeds and contains a lot of different nutrients in addition to vitamin E and fatty acids.
CBD is a wildly versatile medicine that can be used to treat all sorts of different problems. Recent research is proving that it can also be useful for treating hair loss. Hopefully we’ve helped you understand how to use CBD for this purpose, and good luck with your hair!